Wasp stings can cause allergic reactions, but it’s rare that you hear one occurring at a football stadium.
Yet, that’s exactly what happened to Canadian Television’s sports director, Shawn Churchill, who was stung on the back of the head just prior to kickoff of a football game this past weekend according to the Winnipeg Sun.
Fortunately, football players on the sideline noticed that the reporter was starting to struggle with his breathing and ran to get team doctors.
It was the first time Churchill had been stung by a wasp and he didn’t think any thing of it, at first. He told the Sun: